Thursday, February 02, 2012

Painful Runs

Thursday, February 1, 2012:

Stillwater Dome. I had an appointment with the sports doctor later in the morning, so I wanted to run hard enough to make the sports hernia hurt - it’s easier to diagnose an injury when it hurts. Therefore I ran most of the way, walking only around corners, to spare the adductors. Sure enough it hurt, right from the start. It didn’t get much worse though, so I didn’t have to slow down, and I made a pretty good pace considering the walking.

Later, at the doctor’s office, it did hurt enough for diagnosis. More in the next post.

Splits: 10:12, 10:04, 10:08, 9:59, 10:10, 9:40, total 1:00:15, six miles, pace 10:03.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012:

In 42-degree temps, we three ran in the park today, on the mostly-dry paved trails. Nice - I wore shorts, and a long-sleeved shirt under a runner’s wind jacket - perfect. Running wasn’t perfect, though. I started running 60 seconds and walking 30, but my sports hernia (abdominal wall strain) was painful from the beginning, and got worse. At about 4.5 miles, it hurt enough to make me walk more and run less. Later I was able to go back to the original pace, but not without pain.

Six miles in about 65 minutes or so, and I’m calling the sports doctor tomorrow. February will be a new month.


Simple breakfast:

No comments: