Monday, February 27, 2012

More Hope

Again today we walked in Maplewood Mall. The doors open at 8 am, or a little after, but the stores don’t open until 10 am, and during that time we walkers pretty much have the place to ourselves. We walked for an hour at a pace of 4 mph, or 15 minutes/mile, speed confirmed by another frequent-walker who has the place all measured out. 60 minutes = 4 miles.

Last Thursday and again last Saturday I did the same walk and felt a serious pain in the right hip flexors, but today that pain appeared later and was minor. That gives more hope for finishing the upcoming Annapolis Marathon. I did feel the sports hernia just a little, but it wasn’t bad at all. We’ll go to the mall again tomorrow. Wednesday would be better, but the weatherman is cooking up a storm for Wednesday. Also tomorrow, I have a surgical consult regarding the sports hernia.

Snow is coming. Or slush, maybe. Anyway I love it. With a forecast like that I know what my exercise program will be for Wednesday.

No comments: