Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Someone Spiked My Metamucil!

I feel so good today. After 16 miles this morning, I ran another five with Rich and the Woodbury Runners tonight and felt great. Except for the right knee with PFS, actually, I felt wonderful. Toward the end of the run I was sensing a potential emergency and ran on ahead to the bathroom, at a (for me) very sprightly pace for at least a half mile, some of it uphill, and felt better than I had at the beginning of the run. Energized.

1:01 for the five miles, hardly a blazing pace (we walked some), but the last half mile was magnificent. I felt like I used to feel before the chemotherapy. I don’t really take Metamucil, of course, because a proper diet with fruit does the trick nicely, but something is different. 21 miles today and it’s time for bed and I don’t feel tired. It really is a masterpiece.

33 miles for the week. I’ll quit while I’m ahead. The next week starts Saturday.

1 comment:

Bethk said...

Well, we runners like to talk about Immodium but I don't think I've ever seen Metamucil in a blog post. Very funny! Fantastic that you are running well and feeling energized. Yeah!