Tuesday, January 05, 2010

St Croix Valley Recreation Center

Stillwater Bubble again, nice easy 8.3 miles. I was going for 10 miles, but time ran out and I had to head home. Pace was 9:15 the one time I measured it - I’m assuming that I slowed some and the overall pace was about 9:30 for about 1 hour 19 minutes. No pains or problems.

Several other runners in the dome today, ALL of them running faster than me. One woman was running when I got there and still running when I left - good for her! Most ran for shorter times. With an outdoor actual temperature of minus 8, the dome was the place to be.

I’m the only person I’ve seen running in there without leg cover of some kind. Most runners are in tights. The long-distance woman runner today appeared to be wearing panty hose with shorts over. My only tights are pretty warm for inside the dome, I’m guessing 45 degrees, but I suppose I could try panty hose. Probably won’t, though, because my legs really don’t get cold. I worry about my knees, but they haven’t complained at all.


Breakfast. There is oatmeal under there:


2 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Really solid training :-) Do you have any races coming up?

Don said...

Hi Runner,

Yep we three have signed up for the MDRA Grand Prix and will run some of those races. Plus w'll try to find six or eight marathons to run again this year.

Don