Monday, January 11, 2010

Feel-Good Run

Twelve miles in the Stillwater Bubble, at a modest pace, no walking. This is the longest run since the OBX Marathon last November, as far as I recall, and it went perfectly. Time 2:00:05, average pace about 9:45 (I timed a full loop three different times), so the distance was probably about 12.3 miles.

Best of all, no problems and I felt strong throughout. I could easily have gone farther, but the baseball guys were about to take over the bubble. Maybe a slight complaint from the right hamstrings midway (old injury), and another slight complaint from the right knee, on the inside beside the kneecap. Both went away and didn’t show up later in the run or later in the day.

It’s a masterpiece!

Isn't pomegranate pretty?  Adds a lot to the photo and to the breakfast.  Oatmeal under there somewhere.  The white is kefir, a very nice probiotic food.


4 comments:

ana said...

Hi Don,

Happy New Year! I'm writing to let you know we chose you to be part of a new section on runreviews, most influential runners : http://www.runreviews.com/most-influential-runners/

Congratulations for your positive example!

Regards,
Ana

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I regard as polite post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.

Don said...

So what is the deal with this kind of comment, from "anonymous" above? I assume it's a machine-generated comment, including the "text," but to what purpose? It contains no advertising, no link to a garbage site. Just someone testing their spam-generating machine?

Sara Luxe said...

what a beautifully insiring blog. thankyou .
i have set up my own, to hopefully brighten up every battlers day , insipred by my mam and dedicated to her.
i hope it make you smile as it does her
http://pmp-oneinamillion.blogspot.com/