Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Acorns on the Roof

Bumper crop this year: red, white, and burr oak acorns are peppering the roof, the driveway, cars, even the lawn. Friend Jim says it sounds like hail on his roof. This has little to do with running, except: after this morning’s run I hosed off my shoes and left them on the deck to dry, only to find acorns in them later.

Jim loping through the parkJim and I ran in the park this morning, slower than ever because I tried to take pictures of some of the late-summer flowers and the start of fall color. The picture-taking didn’t go too well, partly because I hadn’t properly checked the camera battery beforehand, but we enjoyed the cool morning and had a nice 6.5-mile run. Time 1:12:30, pace 11:09.

No pains, no problems. It's a masterpiece!

3 comments:

Chris Swenke said...

Would you post the location of the the trail in your image? Many Thanx

Don said...

Hi Chris,

For this run we drove to the Lake Elmo Park Reserve, a Washington County park. This trail is on the western side of the park.

Don

Chris said...

Don, Thanx much - I run a lot myself and thought it looked familiar.