Monday, October 22, 2007

Two lovely runs

Monday, Oct 22:

I do love running on the dirt road along the railroad tracks. 55 degrees, slight NW breeze, sunny with the oaks in full color. What an excellent run! Seven miles in 1:00:00, pace 8:34, which is fine considering the sand/gravel road for over half of the distance. I did find myself walk/running after the turnaround for some reason; evidently I was pushing harder than I could actually run; breathing was three footfalls per full breath, which is a race pace. But now it feels so good. Chatted briefly with Gauss and Patty on the way back, so the time is an estimate but very close. No pains! It's a masterpiece.

Five miles on Wednesday, and also I get my latest myeloma test results back that day - a very big day. Then three miles Friday morning.


Saturday, Oct 22:

St Croix Valley Runners, beautiful and colorful fall day. For various reasons, the faster guys weren’t going fast today, and I wanted to hit it hard because of an upcoming marathon, so I went out ahead and waited for them at the end. Five miles in 40:30, pace 8:06, not blazing fast but as good as I could do in my current state of training. I’m happy with my effort. Best of all, no pains!


Sunday's breakfast
Sunday's breakfast: Organic oatmeal, organic nonfat milk, blackberries, organic seedless grapes, banana, organic plum, Dove dark chocolate.

Monday's lunch
Today's lunch: Organic spaghetti squash, organic spaghetti sauce, rbst-free parmesan cheese, organic tart gelatin with apple and cranberries, kiwi.

Saturday's dinner
Saturday dinner: Organic rice and beans, organic yellow beets (baked), local rutabaga, organic peas, organic sweet potato, organic rice, peas, and artichoke hearts, parsnips, and organic catsup.

No comments: