Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fall Color 5

It doesn’t get much better than this, running with a friend on a crisp, colorful fall morning. I had 5 miles on my taper schedule, and friend Jim was available, so we ran the quiet suburban streets in his neighborhood. Total distance 5.26 miles in 43:35, pace 8:17. Plenty fast enough for a final-week taper day. No pains of any kind, just the runner’s high afterward. I’m a happy runner.

As I did Monday, I used my brand new Brooks Burn shoes with Ron’s custom running orthotics inserted. The shoes seem just fine; I’ll use them in the marathon. This is my 15th pair of Brooks Burns. They’re light and lively (like me? :-)); I love ‘em.

It's been a really good day - take a look-see at my test results on Myeloma Hope.


Recent breakfast
Recent breakfast: Organic oatmeal, organic nonfat milk, banana, organic pear, organic strawberries, Dove dark chocolate.

Recent lunch
Recent lunch: Free-range hormone- and antibiotic-free chicken, organic broccoli, organic gelatin with organic apples and other stuff.

Yesterday's dinner
Yesterday's dinner: Wild caught Alaskan salmon with yogurt and herbs, pineapple, organic beets, organic chard with pistachios and cranberries.

No comments: