Saturday, August 25, 2007

Three-Mile Run

Saturday, Aug 25:

Three miles today with the St Croix Valley Runners, running the first 1.5 miles of their course and the last 1.5 miles, with a half-mile walking shortcut in between. NO PAIN from the plantar fasciitis!

The podiatrist told me that it takes two months of “hammock therapy,” but then said I could run a little bit toward the end of the two months, increasing very gradually, and take 10 more days off if there is any pain. Meantime, I’m to use the orthotics all the time, including any running, and wear the night splint every night. The two months are up at the end of August, so only a week remains. Then I will continue to build the running slowly through September, including a walking marathon. Hopefully by October I’ll be ready to race again.

Wednesday, Aug 22:

I almost ran into a deer on my bike! Pedaling downhill as fast as I could go, I never saw the deer until it was right in front of me. Before I could hit the brakes it was gone, clippy-clop across the road. Never heard a deer run on pavement before, like a horse only softer. A car coming from the other way slowed too, the driver grinning at me as he coasted by.

34 miles at a pace of about 15 mph I think, though I only timed a portion of it on the rather flat Gateway Trail. This was almost my "long run" before the upcoming marathon, but I’d like to do a longer ride this week.


Berry good breakfast
Organic oatmeal, organic skim milk, luscious blueberries, organic strawberries, organic plum. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 4.

I could eat salad like this all day
Organic romaine, avocado, organic nectarine, blue cheese, raspberry balsamic vinegar. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 3.

Luscious lamb potroast
Potroast including no-hormone no-antibiotic lamb, Jim's potatoes (one red, one white), organic zucchini, organic carrots, organic sweet potato, vidalia onions, garlic, fresh rosemary, turmeric, cumin, ground fennel seed, organic catsup. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 7.

No comments: