Sunday, August 26, 2007

Long Run by Bike

About 43 miles, more than three hours, probably 12 or 13 mph average. This was my “long run” before the upcoming marathon, intended to keep my body accustomed to breathing hard and burning fat for a long time. Not an easy day to ride - 82 degrees with a 17 mph south wind. I went north in the morning when the wind was light and didn’t help much, then back south in the afternoon against that stronger wind. Good workout!

Because of the plantar fasciitis and the lack of running-specific training, I’ll walk the Moose Mountain Marathon. That will be fine - it’s the most scenic marathon on earth anyway! Maybe I'll jog across the finish line :-)


Recovery lunch
OK it's been 10 days since I took this picture, and I didn't write everything down right away. Here's what I think it is: Organic whole spelt tortilla (barely visible underneath), leftover no-hormone no-antibiotic lamb, asiago cheese, romaine lettuce, Sunshine sauce (shredded hydroponic cucumber, organic yogurt, dill weed), nectarine. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 8.

No comments: