Friday, August 17, 2007

One Point Five Miles

Thursday:

A mile and a half in 13:39, pace 9:06. This felt really good, no plantar-fasciitis pain at all, and breathing was easy. My longest run in weeks, and it's how running should be. The podiatrist said two months of “hammock therapy” and it’s now been over six weeks. I’m pushing the envelope a bit, but he said I could do that too and told me just how to do it.

The last several days of hard work, clearing storm-damaged trees, has been good cross-training I guess. At least I’ve been plenty tired at night and slept soundly. But it was not aerobic, for the most part, so I’d better get in a good hard bike ride soon. Maybe tomorrow morning.

Friday:

Friend Jim and I had a nice mountain-bike ride on the hilly, bumpy grass trails in the regional park. I’m having a little trouble getting my bike to shift correctly into its lowest gear, and Jim was having problems with his shifter too. But we enjoyed the ride and, as always, it was good aerobic exercise.

Two running miles on Saturday?

Breakfast:
Fruity breakfast
Organic oatmeal, organic skim milk, organic strawberries, kiwi, mango, blueberies, pistachios. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 6.

Salad:
Salad at the Mainstay Inn
Salad in my room on the road. Organic mixed greens, home-grown tomato, organic seedless black grapes, organic strawberries, avocado, artichoke hearts in brine, salad vinegar. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 2.

Dinner:
Dinner at the Mainstay Inn
Dinner in my room on the road. Low-carb pita bread, turkey, Swiss cheese, organic nectarine, good beer. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 11.

No comments: