Monday, November 02, 2015

YMCA 4 Miles

Friday, October 30, 2015:

First run since the marathon five days ago and I've taken plenty of time off.  My girls have colds, though, and I'm trying to fight one off, so we delayed running outdoors and finally decided to run indoors, despite the driving distance from our home.

The YMCA track is reported to be 13 laps per mile.  I think 13 may be too few and 14 too many, but I use 13 and acknowledge  that my apparent speed may be slightly higher than my actual speed.

Today I walked 12 laps of each mile and then ran the last lap, finishing in 51:30 on the YMCA's wall clock - I forgot to bring my watch.  No matter - I do obsess on time and pace too much anyway.

If the distance was four miles and the time was 51:30, then the pace was 12:53 minutes/mile.  But who's counting?

No comments: