Saturday, April 20, 2013

Nine Miles

This was the longest run since the marathon a month ago, ninety minutes.  I forgot my watch, but according to the old clock on the wall I was running about ten-minute miles, likely a tad faster, doing my usual run/walk ratio of 60/20.

Breakfast on the road
a month ago
This was an experiment of sorts.  In the past I've tried to avoid running long or hard after a meal, because otherwise after the run I will get an upset stomach and can’t eat. I don’t eat anything at all for many hours (overnight) before a marathon. Today I had a full breakfast (small Denver omelet, oatmeal, yogurt, walnuts, and several fruits & berries) about three hours before the run.  My stomach is slightly upset, but it hasn't kept me from eating.  No indeed.

Result of test: Three hours after eating is barely enough for a longish run at this 10-minute pace.  It might be OK for a marathon, because the pace is slower, but if I try that, I should probably eat a smaller breakfast.

Whining: None.  No problems.  It's a masterpiece.

No comments: