Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lisfranc Ligaments

Thursday June 28, 2012:

What a lovely morning!  We expected to walk out of the door into another muggy, sticky welcome, but instead it was 72 degrees with a low dewpoint and a nice breeze.  A lovely morning indeed.  I walk/ran 3.93 miles in about 50 minutes (forgot my watch, used my cellphone instead).  Good enough though.

Whining:  None during the run.  The Lisfranc ligaments of the left foot didn’t hurt then either, although they did just a little later in the day.  The hernia repair was fine, and I even took out the compress for the last mile or so, just to see if it made a difference.  It did not.

Tuesday June 26:

Oops - I twisted my foot.  Durn.  I love running on trails, and normally willing to take the risk of turning an ankle or a foot, but I made a mistake today running on a trail with a marathon less than two weeks away.  The good news is that the foot didn't hurt while running, but the bad news is that it did hurt a little afterward.  The injury was in the Lisfranc ligaments of the left foot, happily not in the ankle.  I iced it, and it didn't hurt the next morning.  We’ll see, but right now I definitely don’t think it will interfere with the upcoming Vermont marathon.

We ran just 35 minutes or so today, just three days after the last marathon.  I went about three miles, doing the usual walk/run, 40/20 seconds, which normally results in a pace of about 12 minutes per mile.

Whining:  Other than the twisted foot, nothing hurt.  Most particularly, the hernia repair was almost totally silent.

Breakfast:

No comments: