Monday, April 19, 2010

Two Good Runs

Sunday, April 18:

We three went for a Sunday morning run on the Gateway Trail. I ran ten miles while the girls ran a little less. We all visited the Manning Avenue bridge project, which seems to be making progress.

I felt good and ran fairly well until the last mile, when I walked a bit more. After my run I walked with my sweeties for a while, and we saw friends Norm, Scott, Steve, and Tom all cruise by on the Gateway. What a wonderful trail.

Splits: 9:28, 9:21, 9:19, 8:32, 9:55, 8:15, 8:56, 9:50, 9:13, 10:54, Total 1:33:41, pace 9:22.

Saturday, April 17:

Most of the St Croix Valley Runners were at the Trail Mix races Saturday, but I didn’t want to run that so I went to the Northland Tennis Courts in Stillwater to see if anyone else would show up.

Doug did! I haven’t seen Doug in half a year or more, I think. We took “Wayne’s Route,” an alternative 5-mile route, and had a nice time chatting while we ran. 45:35 for the 5 miles, pace 9:07, good enough.

I wore a brand new pair of Brooks Launch shoes. They were fine, this is my third pair. I've had NO INJURIES of any kind with the Launch in more than 500 miles, and it is now my shoe for almost all types of running from 5k to a marathon.


Breakfast

No comments: