Saturday, February 13, 2010

Frosty & Double Bubble

Three runs.

Saturday, February 13, 2010:

Seven degrees above, no wind at all, but lots of fog in the air and, therefore, frost on the trees. Beautiful, ghostly scenes unfolded as we floated through the early dawn. Gauss and I ran together for the first mile and a half, while the speedsters flew on ahead. Then Gauss turned right, as I went left to take a shortcut and running only 3.5 miles to his 5.0. No hurry - races coming up, the idea is to keep the muscles in tune, whatever that tune may be.

No pains, no problems. My legs did get a little chilly - I guess I need more than one thin layer over my thighs when the temp is seven and the humidity is 100%. But four layers above kept my core warm enough. Two pairs of sox felt good on my feet.

Thursday, February 11, 2010:

Another easy run in the Stillwater Bubble, about four miles in just over 40 minutes. That brings me to about 19 miles for the week, which is just right at this point in the taper. Only one other runner, but lots of walkers. No strain, no pains.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010:

I do like running in the Bubble in Stillwater. Sometimes there is even someone to run with. Today I met Dave again, having spoken with him briefly a week or so ago. We ran the last two of my six miles together. That’s nice - he’s easy to talk to. I hope we bump into each other again.

I actually ran by time again, not by distance, because distance is so hard to measure in there. I didn’t even time one lap, as I sometimes do. I assume that I was running about 10 min/mile, and I ran for 60 minutes. No pain, no strain.

Looks like breakfast, actually a post-run fruit bowl with two objectives: (1) Quality carbs, and (2) Hydration.  Plus it's yummy.  Upper right - a gluten-free date bar, by Sunshine.

No comments: