Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Five Taper Miles

Wednesday, Apr 29:

Woodbury Runners 5.2 miles with friend Rich, who is training for Grandma’s. It fit perfectly into my own marathon taper, slow and easy. This group meets every Wednesday night at 6:00 pm (actually 6:10 it seems) and I have enjoyed running with them many times, but this is the first time since fall. The Woodbury trails are just a little too icy for me in the winter. Tonight it rained just a little as we ran, keeping us cool. Lovely run. Time 54:43, pace 10:31.

Tuesday, Apr 28:

Three loops on neighborhood streets for a total of 4.16 miles (bike measured) at a pace that felt fairly easy. No walking, no hard breathing. I could have gone faster or farther, maybe both. It’s all good. No pains of any kind, and I did my stretches afterward like a good boy.

Total time 38:26, pace 9:14. Good run.


Click to enlarge
Lunch salad: Organic romaine lettuce, cold roast free-range beef, organic red pepper, organic fat-free cottage cheese, stuffed olives, organic cashews, organic green peas, organic red wine vinegar.

1 comment:

peter said...

Got a marathon coming up, eh? Good luck! Your runs sound nice and your times are nice.