Thursday, November 06, 2008

North St Paul Community Center Track

Thursday, Nov 6, 2008:

We renewed our memberships at the North St Paul Community Center . This facility has a nice overhead track, about 13 laps per mile, with slightly banked corners. It really is pretty good for running - I’ve done 20-milers in there. And of course it includes a complete fitness center with dreadmills and the rest of the stuff. No pool, but the price is quite modest compared with commercial places like Lifetime Fitness.

Today I ran a pace of about 9:30 for about 30 minutes. Three miles or so. Nice run, with stretches afterward. First run after the weekend of heavy running.

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

I feel like an idiot - I go to downtown North St. Paul frequently and never noticed the community center. I had to look up to see when it was built. 1992! I guess I'm not very observant!!!

The Maplewood community center has a pool - it's only a few miles away.