Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Eight Miles

This afternoon I ran my favorite trail along the railroad tracks, out four miles and back, eight miles in 1:10:47, pace 8:51. Good enough for today and this nice soft trail. Breathing was four footfalls per full breath the whole way except for the last mile, which I ran a bit faster than the others. 38 degrees with some wind = tights, one LS shirt, wind jacket, ear cover, gloves. Perfect.

I had a coach one time who told me “never let more than 48 hours go by between runs.” I think he believes that the muscles take a set. But I wonder if that applies to old runners. I worked very hard in the yard on Saturday and Sunday, and just never got around to running Monday - just didn’t feel like it, of all things. But today, after more than 80 hours since Saturday morning's run, it felt very good to run, and I feel wonderful now.


Today's breakfast
Today's breakfast: Organic oatmeal, organic nonfat milk, pecans, banana, Don's fruit/berry/nut mix, Dove dark chocolate.

Today's Lunch
Todays' lunch: Organic gluten-free spaghetti, organic squash, organic spaghetti sauce, four-cheese shredded mix, naval orange, no-nitrate turkey bacon.

Today's Supper
Wild catch Alaskan salmon with organic yogurt and dill, organic corn, two kinds of peas, gluten-free rice crackers.

No comments: