Saturday, November 17, 2007

Four More Runs

Saturday, Nov 17:

St Croix Valley Runners, 5 miles in 42:30, pace 8:30. Seemed fast enough for today. It put me in the middle of the pack behind three, with two others, and ahead of about five. Nice group today! Good to have friend Paul back running with us. No pains, 31 degrees, light wind, quite a nice fall run. Two shirts, tights, and a wind jacket were fine, maybe one shirt too many but not by much.

Thursday, Nov 15:

Three miles on the dreadmill at the North St Paul Community Center this morning. It took 28:20, for a glacial pace of 9:27. Uff-da. I believe I have heard that treadmills are supposed to be easier than hard pavement, but today it didn’t seem so. My breathing varied between three and four footfalls per full breath - three is a race pace. And it felt like that. Might have been the particular Procor treadmill, or perhaps the hard run the night before. Maybe. Anyway I was counting the seconds for the three miles to go by.

This makes 33 miles for the week (my week starts Saturday, and I won’t run tomorrow). Building back up to 40 mpw, I’ll try to run 36 next week and perhaps 40 the week after. Probably - Thanksgiving will make it a bit more difficult to schedule the runs.

Wednesday, Nov 14:

Woodbury runners 5.8 mi, VERY windy tonight, and only 35 degrees, but still I finished it in 50:15, more than a minute and a half faster that last week. Pace was 8:40, not too hot but I’m happy anyway. Friend Jim was nice enough to slow down and keep me company, the only other runner out tonight. No pains.

Tuesday, Nov 13:

Five miles in the wind, meeting my sweeties twice enroute. I wasn’t in a big hurry, and the time shows it, 42:15 for a pace of 8:27. Actually that’s not so bad for a hilly and windy run. I’m happy. No pains.


Today's breakfast
Today's breakfast: Organic oatmeal, organic nonfat milk, banana, organic strawberries, pistachios, organic grapes, dark Dove chocolate.

Today's lunch
Organic gluten-free pancakes, organic strawberry jam, genuine maple syrup.

Today's supper
Tonight's potroast supper: Bison, organic local parsnip, organic carrots, onions, organic sweet potato.

1 comment:

peter said...

I haven't had bison since I was a boy, once on a trip through the Black Hills. I still remember its dry taste. Nice running, I'm always interested in what runners wear to stay warm but not hot.