Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Elliptical Miles

One half mile on the treadmill, and the foot began to hurt, so I switched right away to the elliptical machine and burned 450 calories there. The machine said 3.8 miles in 32 minutes. Heart rate got up to 146, which is rather high but: (a) I’m a little out of shape; and (b) I was still digesting breakfast, which does make some difference. Good exercise, but I prefer running.

I had an appointment for my second pair of custom orthotics today. And I got a bill for $405 for the first pair today as well. Medicare covers the doctor visit, but not the orthotics. I suppose the second pair will cost a similar amount, but I hope they are a little more appropriate for running. Anyway OUCH!

Pot roast dinner
No-hormone no-antibiotic beef roast with organic sweet potato, organic carrots, onions.

Estimated Weight Watcher Points = 5.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

The beef looks so yummy. I have to say I love seeing your food plate pictures...they always look so nice.