Thursday, April 16, 2015

No Arthritis After All

Monday, April 13, 2015:

Five miles, no problems.  I saw the doctor today and described the left hip problems.  He did some manipulations with my legs, trying to find positions where my hip would hurt, but didn't find one.  Then he did an x-ray of the hip joints and found no evidence of arthritis on that either.

He is sure that the hip pain does not come from a failing hip joint.  YAY!  That means the problem is in soft tissue and it will heal if I treat it right.  I'll see what I can do.

Thursday, April 16:

Busy day.  I mowed for a couple of hours at the old house (the one that's on the market) and then ran about four miles back at the new house.  I felt full of pep today (though I'm yawning now). My cancer treatment is changing - I've stopped the Pomalyst. The new treatment doesn't start until Tuesday, so I get nine days off, and I'm at day four.  Maybe that gives me more energy, or maybe just the idea of it gives me more energy - I can't tell yet.

For more about the new cancer treatment, see my last two posts on Myeloma Hope here and here.

This run included some exploring and a little chatting with new neighbors, so the distance is uncertain - somewhat over  four miles.  The time is exact, 52:09.  I ran more of the time than I usually do, so I'm sure I went faster than usual when I wasn't chatting.  No real pains, but a slight warning from the right hamstrings.

No comments: