Friday, May 24, 2013

Tapering

Friday, May 24, 2013:

Today’s run was just 2.51 miles, suitable for the last taper run before a marathon.  Time was 26:21, with a run/walk ratio of 30/20, and the runs were unhurried, as they might be in a marathon.  The resulting pace was 10:30, which may be a bit fast for the marathon but I may try it anyway.  If sustained, that pace would bring me home in 4:35, well ahead of any recent finishes, so it seems unlikely that I could sustain it.  Actually, there is a 5-hour pace team in this marathon, so maybe I'll try to hang with them, using whatever run/walk ratio seems to keep me even with them.  We'll see.

Dinner, all organic

Whining:  None.  The knee was fine today, no pains.  I’m as ready as I can get.  Tomorrow we drive the course and get to the expo to pick up our race numbers and chips.  Looks like race day might be a bit rainy, with temperatures comfortably in the 50's.

Wednesday, May 22:

Again 3.6 miles on the park’s paved trails, in a time of 35:10.  I used my recent run/walk ratio of 40/20 (triplets), resulting in a pace of 9:46.   I did feel some pain in the right knee (PFS) near the very end of the run.  I hope that goes away.

Monday, May 20:

3.6 miles on the paved trails in the park.  No problems.  I didn't wear my watch, but I suppose the time was about 36 minutes.

No comments: