Saturday, January 01, 2011

Mom Died On Wednesday

Friday, Dec 31, 2010:

Six more miles in the Stillwater Bubble, doing the run/walk as usual. Tailbone still hurts a bit when I try to run fast.

We’re tapering for a marathon, which we now are very unlikely to run. People are in town, and people are more important than races.

Wednesday, Dec 29, 2010:

Six miles in the Stillwater Bubble, before going to see Mom. She died before we got there, but Dad was with her and that was wonderful. A sweeter person never lived. She celebrated her 100th birthday in 2010, and she will be missed by many.

Monday, Dec 27, 2010:

Five miles in the Stillwater Bubble. I should have done more, but ran short on time. No real pains, except in my butt when I tried to sprint.

Over the weekend my feet slipped forward while running the snowblower, and I fell squarely on my tailbone. Today that tailbone hurt a little when I tried to sprint, so I stopped trying. Otherwise it was a good run, walking about 20% of each loop as usual.

Holiday Season Breakfast

1 comment:

peter said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother passing on, Don, but I trust she had a good life and am glad she was with family at the end and had others nearby. Take care and keep up your inspirational running!