Friday, January 21, 2011

27 Below Zero

Friday, January 21, 2011

Thirty miles this week! I’ve been trying to get back to that mark, and until this week life has intervened. Today I ran another hour in the Stillwater Bubble, very close to six miles. No special pace or training - just my regular walk/run marathon pace. The only pain was the right knee, which I won’t worry about unless it sticks around and gets worse.

Temperature was 27 below at the nearest airport this morning. It was even a little cooler than usual in the Bubble, I'm guessing 45 degrees or so. The garage door opener worked, though, and the car got out and ran fine, neither of those being certain on such a morning.

Thursday, January 20:

I had a blood draw today, in the afternoon, so only ran four miles in the morning in hopes that a short run would not affect the blood test.

After the four miles I walked another 20 minutes or so with my sweeties - at least another mile. No real problems, but I am feeling a slight pain in the right knee. That seems to come and go - I hope it goes soon!

The afternoon blood test was to be certain that the cancer was not sneaking up on my kidneys and bones. Good news - it's not. It's a masterpiece!

Wednesday, January 19:

Six more miles in the Stillwater Bubble. Jim rode with us again, and we ran together quite a bit. That takes patience on his part, because I walk one of the short sides of every 1/5-mile rectangle.

No serious pains; the left hamstrings had a message for me early on, but they quieted down in a mile or so. It’s a masterpiece


Tonight's dinner - "leftover" salad: Organic romaine, organic tomatos, a taste of leftover gluten-free pancake with a little local honey, organic mixed vegetables, leftover organic chicken thighs, organic turkey bacon, avocado, organic mustard, organic red wine vinegar.
Dinner

No comments: