Sunday, January 16, 2011

Four More Runs

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today we ran the Charities Challenge Indoor Races again, this time called Challenge Isolation, held this time at the indoor track of Concordia College in St Paul. It’s a nice 4-lane track, though not as nice as the 6-lane track at Bethel, where most of these races are held.

I ran just two races this time. The 55-meter in 10.76, and the 200-meter in 37.99. The short one is 55 m because there literally isn’t room to run 5 meters more and make it 60 m. My 200 m was about 2 seconds quicker than in previous races this season - I hope that trend continues. There is one more race in this indoor series, and I’d like to get comfortably under 36 seconds. In addition to the races, I ran about four miles of warmup and cooldown.

Friday, January 14:

Jim and I ran in the Stillwater Bubble, sort of celebrating a minor event. He’s half again as fast as me, but we both enjoy the conversation and he stuck with me. 60 minutes, about 6 miles.

The left foot still hurts from the re-injury on Tuesday. Otherwise, though, it’s a masterpiece!

Tuesday, January 11:

Stillwater Bubble again. I ran about 70 minutes, about 7 miles in my walk/run style, until our grandson showed up. Then we ran some more! He just loves to run - his mother says it might be genetic. Ya think?

Afterward I did have some pain in the left foot, at the lisfranc ligaments, an old injury. I suppose it’s caused by the zig-zagging around after a five-year-old. Lots of fun, though.

Sunday, January 9:

University of Wisconsin River Falls Indoor Track. The Stillwater Bubble is open for runners and walkers only on weekdays, but the track at UWRF is open most weekend days, $4 each. We stopped by there for a 4-mile run after visiting a friend in western Wisconsin. It’s a normal 200-m indoor track, six lanes, with the faster runners in the inner lanes and walkers in the outer. Everyone runs in the same direction, which reverses every day.

No problems, no pains. I did a few sprints on the straight sections. It’s a masterpiece.


Recent post-run breakfast: Frozen organic blueberries and strawberries, organic pears, oatmeal with raisins and cranberries, a chunk of very dark chocolate:
Takes a half hour to eat this ...

No comments: