Sunday, August 01, 2010

Woofed Again!

Sunday, August 1, 2010:

Eleven hilly grass-trail miles at 79 degrees and a dew point of 70. My sweeties and I ran in the park again this morning, with the purpose of running at least two hours. Even longer in my case: 11.2 miles in 2:08:20, for a pace of 11:27. Not very swift, but I just couldn’t run very fast today. Maybe yesterday’s fairly-fast five miles took its toll, because my legs were tired. I walked often, especially up hills.

No other problems though - no pains or cramps. I did take 20 oz of water along the way, and one Clif Shot gel.

Saturday, July 31:

St Croix Valley Runners. We had a great group this morning, at least 15 runners. I started out running with Dennis, then fell back and ran much of the way by myself, with about an equal number of runners ahead of me and behind me.

Temperature 70, dewpoint 66, this was a sweaty run. Nevertheless I did OK, for me, finishing the five miles in 44:00, for a pace of 8:48. No pains, no strain.

Thursday, July 29:

This was another run in the park, hilly grass trails again, but I don’t recall much about it, even the time of day. Evening for sure, though, because we were at Mayo most of the day, then Weight Watchers. So I suppose this run started about 7:00 pm.

Notes say 4.8 miles in 48:53, for a pace of 10:11, unusually fast for the hot, hilly grass trails, but this run was a bit shorter than some. No pains or problems.

Tuesday, July 27:

Friend Jim and I ran in the park, a 6.3-mile route this time. Though it was a morning run, the temperature and humidity were both high and I had to take it fairly easy. 6.3 miles in 1:10:30, pace 11:11. But no pains or cramps.

Monday, July 26:

Hot, hilly, but enjoyable run with nephew Luke, on the grass trails in the park again. This was an evening run, very warm and humid, and neither of us did very well. Nevertheless we ran 7.1 miles in 1:17:42, for a pace of 10:57.

I walked frequently, and Luke was kind enough to match my walks as well as my pace. After the run he sent me a link to his Garmin results for that run. I’m amazed by the amount of information on that page. Distance, speed, highest and lowest speed, altitude at the start and finish, highest point, lowest, total elevation gain, and more, even a map of the route we ran. It’s really cool.

The cherries are a gift from a running friend. Tangy-sweet, perfect for just eating.

1 comment:

Thompson said...

Don, I had a hard time Sunday too. When I was done my shirt was so wet I squeezed a good size puddle out of it. I did 12, but the last two I needed to run/walk to make it.