Friday, August 27, 2010

Five Miles Didn't Happen

I started out with the Woodbury Runners (6:05 pm Thursdays in Colby Lake Park), but my right ankle hurt and seemed to get worse as I ran. Sometimes it hurts a little at the start of a run and gradually gets better - not this time. So I stopped and limped back to the car. I rarely quit a run, but with a marathon on the horizon I didn’t want to risk a disabling injury. I’m hoping that it will be better by Saturday with the SCV Runners.

28 miles for this week, not the planned 33. New week starts Saturday.

2 comments:

Thompson said...

Don,

Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it heals quickly. I didn't make the SCV run this morning as I was in Rochester for a half. It was a great event and I ran good too.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

FEEL BETTER! You did the right thing backing off for the day. I'm nursing a little hamsting thing myself, which is a big drag.

Take care of it and you'll be back out there in no time.