Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dog Days of Running

Thursday, Aug 12, 2010:

Not a cloud in the sky this morning. Unfortunately. We ran on the park trails again, with the temperature already 81, dewpoint 70 at 8:00 am, bright (read HOT) sun making the shade most welcome wherever we encountered it. I ran on the paved trails again, because of heavy dew on the grass trails, and felt sluggish at the start, but managed to chug along until I felt a little better. We saw several other runners, walkers, skaters, and bikers.

I did notice new pains in the left knee and, briefly, in the left ankle. Both of these disappeared as I ran, and the right side was quiet today. I’ve also had a pain in the left butt, indicating a potential problem in that hip joint. I’ve been slacking off on my glucosamine and chondroitin - I’d better get back to it.

A VERY sweaty 5.8 miles in 56:30, pace 9:44. I should have done a long run today, or last Tuesday, with a marathon coming up soon, but I didn’t have the heart for it in this weather. Maybe next week. Only 23 miles total this week, sigh. Maybe I can get in another five tonight.

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010:

Humidity was high this morning, as was the temperature, 78 degrees with a dewpoint of 72. Needless to say, the grass trails were quite wet, so I used the paved trails and ran 6.1 miles in 59:00, for a pace of 9:40. No problems except I was totally soaked with sweat at the end. I should have run long today, but it wasn’t a good day for it. I did carry water, though, and was glad to have it along.

Sunday, Aug 8, 2010:

Another warm run on the paved trails in the park. I wrote down the time and distance, but don’t actually remember much else about the run. 5.8 miles in 55:50, pace 9:37.

Saturday, Aug 7, 2010:

St Croix Valley Runners, mostly with Charley today, nice & easy, not quite as humid as it has been, though a little more so than Thursday, which was a pretty nice summer morning. Five miles in 49 minutes.


Dinner: Roasted vegetables topped with bison chili. Yum!
Dinner

No comments: