Saturday, September 22, 2007

Three Days

Today, Saturday, Sept 22:

OSI Fall Roundup, North St Paul. We three ran this mostly together today. The bad news is that it took me twice as long as if I had run full speed, but the good news is that my plantar-fasciitis foot didn’t hurt at all. Then I put on work boots and did some yard work, and it did start to hurt a little. Shucks. We'll see tomorrow.

Friday, Sept 21:

Lovely bike ride with Jim, partly on my favorite trail along the railroad tracks, partly on grass, partly paved trails, and partly roads. About 21 miles, we didn’t push hard, and I didn’t clock the time. I think that I should do at least one long bike ride each week, although my right hamstring starts to hurt if I ride every day. The foot feels fine, but I don’t imagine that it would if I ran.

Wednesday, Sept 19:

Measured the new Bolder Dash 5k and 10 races around Lake Nokomis, riding the bike about 15 miles. Measurement of road races is done on a bicycle, specially equipped with a counter that precisely reports the distance traveled by the bike's front wheel. The counter is calibrated both before and after the measurements, by riding a special course previously measured with a steel tape.

Recovery treat:
Recovery treat, take your time eathing this.  I did  :-)
Watermelon, kiwi, organic strawberries, blueberries, organic pear, organic fat-free yogurt, one Dove dark chocolate. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5.

No comments: