Friday, September 14, 2007

Four Mile Run

Forty minutes of cool, morning running on grass trails. I meant to go about half that far, but made a wrong turn in the park and then I was committed. Lovely, delightful run, except that the plantar fasciitis foot did hurt some, especially in the last mile or so. In fact it hurt in a new and different way, I think, more on the outside of the heel instead of the bottom. Not sure what’s going on there, but it still hurts as I write this in the evening. Sigh.

But it really was a nice run otherwise. And interesting. As I drove in, there were police cars all over the place, some from Duluth. I parked and took off on a jog anyway, passing an officer in plain clothes. I half expected him to say I shouldn’t go down that trail, but he didn’t, so I asked him if this was just an exercise and he affirmed that they were training. Later I saw canine units, and the police cars seemd to be spread out all over the park.

Salmon dinner
Wild caught Alaskan salmon (canned), organic yogurt, local dill, paprika, organic rice chips, organic peas. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 7.

No comments: