Monday, July 09, 2007

Tour de France

Not exactly the Tour, but I did ride the bike this morning. Short ride out, then 15 hilly loops in a quiet residential area, then a short ride back. Total of 14.25 miles in almost exactly an hour. Gosh that seems slow. I’m watching the Tour de France right now and they are SO much faster! Uff-da. Average of 27 mph today for over 100 miles, on Belgian roads as flat as a pannekoeken.

Nevertheless my heart rate and breathing were at least as fast as they would be running 8:30 miles or so. This was a good workout. Best of all, NO knee trouble. Is that because this was a hilly ride, with a lot of pedaling while standing up? Or maybe my knee is just getting better. Also best of all, my sweeties were running on the same roads, so I gave and got a smile and a wave every few minutes.

I love this time of year when I can watch the Tour de France every day. In fact I just leave the TV on and watch it several times a day.

Foot doctor tomorrow. I'm learning to enjoy biking, but I'm really a runner and will return to training when the plantar fasciitis is resolved. Soon, please!


Oatmeal and banana
Organic oatmeal, organic milk, organic strawberries, organic nectarine, blueberries, banana, organic candied ginger. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5.

No comments: