Friday, July 06, 2007

Mountain Biking

What a wonderful, high-energy bike ride. I really want to get back to running, but this is an excellent substitute. Up the road a couple of miles, along the railroad tracks for a mile, then into the park, with miles and miles of hilly grass hike/bike/horse trails.

The ride is rough on my $150 hybrid bike, but quite enjoyable, switching constantly from high gears into the lowest gear and back again. I could take a lot more of that kind of punishment :-)

The “bike knee” problem surfaced again, but wasn’t bad. Perhaps I’m riding through it, I hope. I do the elliptical at the club, and could do water running at the beach, but this is much more enjoyable because the scenery changes all the time.

I'll see a sports-medicine podiatrist Tuesday regarding the chronic plantar fasciitis in the left foot.


Decadent brownie breakfast:
Decadent fat-free brownie
Organic oatmeal, organic milk, blueberries, succulent organic nectarine, leftover July 4 party brownie ("No Pudge" fat-free fudge brownie mix plus organic yogurt, Hershey's chocolate chips, vanilla extract). Estimated Weight Watchers points = 5.

No comments: