Sunday, July 01, 2007

Food Pictures

Exercise:

I rode the bike again today, mostly on my beloved sandy-dirt road along the railroad track. Occasionally bumpy and rocky, it's inappropriate for a road bike, but my hybrid bike with wider tires and shock absorbers works fine. It's fun, in fact. Today, about an hour of mostly hard work.

The knee complained a little, but less than before. The plantar-fasciitis foot is still sore from yesterday's run but getting better. I'm trying Mary's "P.F. Arch Brace" today; we'll see if it helps.

Food Pictures:

As you see, I am currently into publication of food pictures. Mostly high-quality food that is very good for me, and which also can be arranged to look appetizing in a photo. In truth, it's the food that we normally eat, not prepared specially for the camera, maybe just arranged a little.

My Sunshine does the cooking, bless her heart; I couldn't do it. I arrange the food on a plate or in a bowl, perhaps adding fruit, berries, or nuts. Then I take my prospective meal out to the picnic table, if possible, and shoot it in sunlight with a decent digital camera. Or inside with poorer light or flash if necessary. The photography delays my enjoyment of the meal by perhaps two minutes, not more.

This happens once or twice a day. It might be a fruit-laden breakfast, a delicious salad, a dinner plate, or even a dessert bowl. In every case, it is eaten and enjoyed within seconds after the photo is taken. By me.

Later the photo is downloaded and processed so that it becomes roughly full screen (max 800 x 600) if you click on it, and so that it downloads quickly. I save the original higher-resolution JPG for some photos, but for most the internet copy is all that remains.

I usually also provide my estimate of Weight Watcher points, as I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and active in the "flex" program. Most of the foods (except for nuts) are also Weight Watcher "core" foods.

So far I've had favorable comments on the pictures; thank you for those. I like the whole process: arrangement of the food, photography, enjoyment, and publication. The pictures will keep coming for a while. I'll probably tire of it when the most-picturesque foods become less available in the winter.


Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece! Guilt-free fruit dessert:
Fruit dessert
Organic nectarine, organic strawberries, blueberries, organic red seedless grapes, slight drizzle of local honey. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 3.

No comments: