Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wet Again

More pool running in the hotel, 30 minutes, hopefully equivalent to about 3 miles in terms of energy expended. BORING though; unlike a run, I could hardly wait for the clock to get to 30. The foot still hurts a little; I was limping slightly at work today, unlike the past several days when the foot felt better. Hopefully this morning’s short run didn’t cause too much re-injury; I’ll know tomorrow.

Looking back, I stopped running for six days before this morning’s aborted run, using the elliptical machine and pool running for fitness instead. Quite evidently, six days was not enough to heal the inflamed plantar fascia. And why should it be? When I pull a leg muscle, I expect it to take three weeks to heal. As a general rule, feet heal more slowly than legs, so shouldn’t I expect the heel to take at least three weeks? The question answers itself. The problem now is that Grandma’s Marathon is less than three weeks away.

So I guess I will NOT RUN until Grandma’s, and then we’ll see. Interesting training regimen! But I will keep up the cross-training, as much like running as possible. The good news is that plantar fasciitis is a problem that CAN be solved eventually, one way or another!
Tuesday dinner
Greg and I visited Krogers again:

  • Salad: Organic mixed greens, carrots, artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms, organic grapes, organic strawberries, blueberries, walnuts.
  • Dinner: 12-grain whole-grain bread, sliced beef, asiago cheese, smoked aged cheddar, mustard, grapes, cashews, porter.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Don, sorry to hear that you won't be running Gma's. I missed it last year due to an injury and nearly PRd at Chicago. So, yes, you'll be back.