Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hobble hobble

The idea was to run on a treadmill only until I felt a little pain in the left foot (with the plantar fasciitis), then switch to the elliptical machine. That worked fine, but I was only able to run 1.2 miles before I could feel the heel starting to hurt. Then I “ran” the energy-equivalent of about three more miles on the elliptical, at a rate of about 13 calories/minute.

New Brooks Glycerin 5 shoes today. I bought those because they are supposed to be more cushioned than the Brooks Burn 3 which are my normal training, racing, and marathon shoes. They made a pretty loud slapping sound on the treadmill, but I think that was mostly the treadmill itself because they weren’t that loud when I ran a few steps on the indoor track. The Burn 3 shoes are quieter though, because they are designed for a midfoot striker like me. Jury is still out on the Glycerin - I may end up liking the Burn better, even with the plantar fasciitis problem.

SaladRomaine, celery, cucumber, walnuts, blue cheese, and tasty vinegar.

No comments: