Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Twelve Miles Indoors

NSP Community Center indoor track 12 miles in 1:39:34, pace 8:18. Great run, a little faster than intended marathon pace, and a great last mile, perhaps as fast as any I’ve run on that track. Energy left over.Beautiful winter day

Actually it was a beautiful winter day outside, fresh snow on the ground, but still pretty cold at +6 degrees. So we went to the track despite the miserable driving conditions. When we got back there was snow to clear, and I collected another seven Weight Watcher activity points to add to the 30 from the run. Tonight I can eat well!

Near the beginning of the last mile another guy started running on the track and I passed him. But his footfalls stayed right behind me and wondered if he was going to pass me again. After a lap or two, I decided that he was shadowing me so I picked it up a little, and then a little more each lap, until we were really zipping in the last lap. That was fun, and he kept up and enjoyed it too. Any motivation helps on the track.

No complaints from any body parts except the lisfranc ligament, always a little painful when making lefthand corners. Splits: 8:30, 8:16, 8:31, 8:10, 8:39, 8:11, 8:42, 8:13, 8:34, 8:05, 8:20, 7:23. Breathing mostly five footfalls per breath.

Peripheral neuropathy? Again undetermined. I thought perhaps so, but may have imagined it. Certainly not very bad.

No comments: