Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Three Miles in NYC

Friday, November 1, 2013:

We're in New York City today, preparing for the marathon on Sunday.  I like to do a moderately energetic run of two or three miles, two days before.  The girls had other plans, also quite energetic but involving grocery bags, so I laced 'em up and took off for the trail that runs north and south along the Hudson River, passing ferries, a "VIP" helicopter pad, and a lot more along the way.  A lovely run.  Some of that trail is really a long, skinny garden, with the pedestrian trail separated from the bike trail.  Very nice.  Bravo NYC.

I'm not sure of either the distance or my time, but it was a fine run until the very end, when I twisted my right foot just slightly on a mislaid cobblestone brick.  Will that be a problem on Sunday?  I hope not.

No comments: