Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Forget Spring

A high of 94 is forecast for today, a genuine summer day - we never really had much spring.  It was already 64 at 8:15 am, when we started our run, and 72 when I finished, bright sun all the way.  A nice little breeze was actually quite welcome.  The trail was perfect - soft earth with very few wet spots.  The route that I took today includes one small stream that has to be crossed by

You can see the oatmeal in this one
jumping from rock to rock, but I've done it before, and I take my time and so far haven't slipped or splashed.  I love these trails.  What a day!

6.33 miles in 1:07:34, for a pace of 10:40.  I’m plenty happy with that on this soft, hilly trail.

Whining: The right knee with PFS complained on a couple of downhill stretches, but not badly, and it eventually stopped yelling.

No comments: