Saturday, April 02, 2011

Catching Up on Log Posting

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I ran in the park by myself today, the girls are still under the weather (my cold is gone) and the temperature was over 50 degrees, little wind, a beautiful afternoon to run. Got the taxes done, went out running. The grass trails are still snow trails (FIVE months straight now), so the paved trails were more appealing. I ran out of the park toward the city, turned around at a major intersection, then went past the car for another few minutes and doubled back once again. Five miles total, 50 minutes.

The right knee yelled at me as I turned slightly at an intersection to look for oncoming cars, and it kept complaining for the rest of the run. We’ll see how it is tomorrow. Except for that, it’s a masterpiece!

Friday, April 1:

Stillwater Bubble again, man is it cold in here! 33 degrees outside, not more inside if any. This thing is kept inflated by outside air, of course, so if they don’t use any heat then it’s pretty much the same as outdoors.

Five miles, fifty minutes at the usual 10-minute pace. I didn’t feel like running any sprint repeats today. I went to the dome early, ran 50 minutes, and went home. Just a little pain in the left hip (as usual I guess), otherwise fine. Nice run, I feel good, that’s 20 miles for the week. Tapering.

Wednesday, March 30:

The Woodbury Runners meet every Wednesday night at 6:00 pm (actually 6:10), have for years. I didn’t run with them in the winter, because they run on icy trails, but today a large group of old friends met for a photo shoot and ran their traditional route. I can’t keep up with most of them any more, so I ran a shorter route with Rich and Corey. Five miles in about 57 minutes - not very fast, but Rich is just starting to get ready for his next marathon. We’ll do better. Nothing hurts!

Monday, March 28:

Sixty minutes plus in the Stillwater Bubble. We picked up Jim for his last run before his long-planned trip. COLD in the dome - I don’t think they used any heat at all, so it may have been as low as 35 or so. Jim and I chatted for much of the time, ran some sprint repeats, and then he took off and ran a few miles at his speed - quite a lot faster. Good run - no pain.

Sunday, March 27:

Nice run on the indoor track at UWRF. Ten-minute miles, forty minutes, must be four miles. Slight pain in the left hip, none anywhere else.

Friday, March 25:

Another six miles in the Stillwater Bubble, this time running with Jim the whole time. We talked a lot, the “running philosophers.” Again the left hip bothered just a little most of the time, and later at home as well. I suppose I’ll bring that hip to a sports doctor sometime soon if it doesn’t go away. Otherwise it was an enjoyable run, finishing 24 miles for the week.

Thursday, March 24:

Six more miles in the Stillwater Bubble, running with Jim and then Candy. No problems except the left hip. That has turned into a chronic issue now, hurting a little most of the time while running, and even a little at home.

Tuesday, March 22:

Six gentle miles in the Stillwater Bubble today, a proper recovery run. The left hip hurt a little throughout - I haven’t yet figured out what causes that pain - something is injured, but I can’t pin it down. It’ll get better or it’ll get worse, and if worse it will be easier to locate. If better, then who cares?

A good, enjoyable run nonetheless. Snow tonight, maybe sleet. Winter apparently gets one last shot, but we’ll try to run tomorrow anyway.

Gluten-free pancake with organic yogurt, frozen organic strawberries, blueberries, mango, and pineapple, topped with a little dark chocolate:

No comments: