Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sore Feet in Three Miles

Sunday, March 6, 2011:

For the first time in months, we ran outdoors today. Just three miles, on the paved trails in the park. The run went well, except for the usual slight ache in the left hip at the start, and I’m sure the pace was at least 10 minutes per mile, probably a bit faster.

When I got home in the shower, however, I found that the bottoms of my feet were a little sore. Imagine - from just three miles on pavement. I suppose the problem is that I haven’t run on pavement AT ALL, not even once, for more than two months. We’ve been in the Stillwater Dome or running on indoor tracks made of rubber. Oooo - I’m glad the next marathon will be mostly on dirt trails

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, March 2, 3, & 4:

Four miles each day in the Stillwater Bubble. A slight ache in the left hip appears at the beginning of the run and goes away in a mile or two. Ten-minute miles. Tapering. A total of 24 miles this week.


Dinner with two-cheese spinach:
Dinner

2 comments:

peter said...

Mmmmh... Do have to run to be able to eat such good fare?

Don said...

Works the other way. Eat this food and you feel so good you want to run ...