Thursday, March 26, 2009

It’s snowing again!

So we ran indoors today. I broke a tooth yesterday, so I had a dentist appointment today and, by chance, my sweeties also had dental appointments today. And I did some work on the bathroom remodeling too. By the time that was all over, the light snow had begun and we zipped over to the club instead of trying to run outdoors.

Six miles, not so easy this time. For some reason the first mile was faster than usual, but I didn’t feel like I was pushing the pace. So I just kept the level of effort about the same for the remaining five miles and ended up with a great overall pace of 8:23, actually better than I did in the Human Race 8k a few days ago. Odd.

Breathing was four footfalls per full breath, indicating a tempo pace or slower, but it was on the edge of three footfalls in the last four miles and indeed it went to three in the last half mile. Legs felt good all the way though - the energy was there. No pains. This was supposed to be a long run, but I’m happy enough with it. 25 miles for the week - hopefully 30 or more next week.

Splits: 8:29, 8:24, 8:24, 8:23, 8:25, 8:12, total 50:17, pace 8:23. It’s a masterpiece!


Click to enlarge, BACK to return here
Lunch: Target organic blue-corn chips, organic greens, pineapple, organic tomato, Sunshine's guacamole, organic peas, organic beans, organic cheese.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad your tooth is okay. You sound busy with the remodeling and training. Let's hope that the weather decides to cooperate soon!