Monday, December 17, 2012

A Week and a Day

Monday, December 17, 2012:

Since the Honolulu Marathon.  That one was harder on us than most because (a) the marathon itself was too warm, (b) we ran from the marathon to the airport for an overnight red-eye flight back, and (c) the three of us were all sick at the time.  For me, today was the first day that I felt almost normal since the marathon, neither sick nor weary.  I ran a nice, easy five miles in the Stillwater Bubble, though the girls were still too sick to go.  It felt good, although I felt more tired after the run than I would if I hadn't run a marathon a week before.  It’s OK, just as expected.

Pretty much all organic.  There's
squash AND sweet potato there.  

Whining:  None.  I felt fine in the run.  I ran all of the time in the first mile, most of the time in the last, and about 70% of the time in the middle three.

Splits: 9:25, 10:23, 9:51, 10:21, 9:57, total 49:58, pace 10:00 minutes/mile.

Friday, December 14, 2012:

Three miles in the Stillwater Bubble, the first recovery run after last Sunday’s marathon.  I bumped into Candy about halfway through the three miles, and we chatted for a few minutes until I was done.  I ran for almost exactly 30 minutes, at a pace that was probably about ten minutes per mile, maybe a bit faster than I intended.

Good run.  Weary, but no other complaints.

No comments: