Monday, June 18, 2012

Steamy Days

Monday, June 18, 2012:

We had 3/4 inch of rain last night, which is usually followed by cooler, drier air the next morning, but no luck this morning.  75 degrees with a dewpoint of 70 - that’s muggy.  I ran 3.93 miles on the paved trails in 46:05, for a pace of 11:44.  Same walk/run, except I did start out speed-walking for a full minute before I did any running.

Whining: Zero.  Maybe the walking start is a good idea.

Saturday, June 16, 2012:


Minnesota weather still seems to be several weeks ahead of schedule.  These days, with 60+ dew points even in the early morning, are typical of July, not mid-June.  This morning a surprising number of the St Croix Runners showed up for our run, even though it was the morning of Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth.  Temperature was 66, dewpoint 64.  Yuk.

But we had a good run.  I finished my four miles in 46:06 for a pace of 11:32, faster than last week, still doing a walk/run with a 2 to 1 ratio.  Mostly.

Whining:  The hernia repair hurt just a little all the way through, though it was less at the end than the beginning.  Maybe I shouldn’t have started out by running a full minute with the guys.  I should probably start out walking.  I’ll try that next time.

No comments: