Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Good Run

I ran the same route as I did two days ago, but just a little faster.  Barely.  Two days ago I ran 15 to 20 seconds of each two minutes, but today I tried 10 seconds of each minute instead, hoping that the shorter intervals would be a little easier on the surgical area.  Uphill, I ran as much as 30 seconds at a time, because uphill is so much easier on the gut, and I didn’t run at all downhill.  5.23 miles in 1:07:20, for a pace of 12:52.  It’s plenty good enough.

Whining: I felt a slight ache in the surgical area right at the beginning of the run, then it went away for a while.  But in the last mile or two I could feel it again, so I slowed a little.  I’ll wait a couple of days before running again.  Tomorrow I’ll mow the lawn and walk with my girls.  Saturday we'll all walk again.

Weight: 152.5 lb today, exactly the same as six days ago.  The WW system will work, though, I know it will, it has in the past.  I have the rest of my life to drop the 10 pounds.

Alaskan sockeye salmon with a little cheese, organic broccolini with a pepper sauce, organic  tomatoes, fresh fennel:

No comments: