Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yucky Roads and Fog

Roads were wet, slushy, and yucky today, and a minor emergency kept us away from the Stillwater Bubble before it closed, so we ran at the North St Paul Community Center. After three of my six miles friend Norm showed up, and we ran together while I finished my miles. I enjoy talking to Norm. He ran the mile at Meet of the Miles on Monday night, ended up coughing for days. I do that too - one of three reasons why I skipped Meet of the Miles this year, for the first time in several years. The big reason is priorities: my son was in town.

Anyway, six miles today at a pace of 9:03. I think it would have been under nine, but a group of adults with disabilities spent some time on the track, and I had to weave through them rather slowly from time to time. But I think they got at least as much benefit out of that track today as I did.

Splits: 9:13, 9:16, 9:04, 8:57, 17:48 (2 mi), total 54:18, pace 9:03 overall. 28 miles for the week. No pains, no problems. It’s fine.

Dinner

3 comments:

Londell said...

My son was here over the holidays and now is back in. Colorado. Sure understand why it changes a schedule

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

Nice splits and yummy looking meal. The best of both worlds.