Saturday, June 07, 2008

How Fast?

Thursday I felt good after the 8.5 mile run, but later in the day I was SO tired. I nodded off at lunch, and went to bed at 8:30. Ten hours later I woke up feeling fairly good, and I rested that day. But today, halfway into the morning’s five-mile run with the St Croix Valley group I began to feel very, very sluggish. I even walked briefly a couple of times, and thought I was slower than molasses. But then, to my surprise, I finished in 43:13 for a pace of 8:39, which is not a bad time for that run.

So was this morning's fatigue real, or was it mental? Big week last week - maybe I should just rest some more. But my runner’s instinct says go out and run tomorrow, seize the day! We’ll see how that sounds in the morning.


Lamb Dinner
Saturday night's dinner: Roast lamb with Rose's Key Lime Marmelade, organic parsnips, organic strawberries, organic squash, organic salsa, nice stout.

1 comment:

peter said...

Slow days happen. Yesterday after a humid Saturday run and a humid Sunday run, I inexplicably cooked dinner for myself suddenly at 4:30, hours ealy. I was just all out of sorts (needed food, I guess).