Thursday, June 05, 2008

Dodged the Rain

Eight and a half miles on the Gateway trail with friend Randy. Very enjoyable run. Distance and time are approximate, but close enough. Time 1:13:09, overall pace 8:36. Hmmm. Same pace as Tuesday’s 6-mile run, though longer. Helps to have Randy pushing the pace. We ran in the morning and avoided the rain. Temp was 62 and humidity was enormous.

My running week starts on Saturday, and since I won’t run tomorrow I’m done for the week with a total of 36 miles. Doesn’t sound like much, but it’s my biggest week in months, as I’ve struggled with an assortment of runner’s injuries. Happily, no pains today! I did not wear the knee warmers, either. I did forget to apply nipple protectors (spot band-aids) and got some blood on the t-shirt where it rubbed up and down across the nipples, so I guess it’s not quite true to say “no pains.” But this is just a stupidity pain and easily treatable (duh!).


Salad
Nice salad: Organic romaine, cucumber, organic grapes, pistachios, cheese, organic blue corn chips, organic red wine vinegar.

1 comment:

peter said...

Oww. It's so great when the shower water first hits the area after you have forgetten to apply the spot bandaids. Fortunately I live alone so nobody hears my yell. 36 miles for a week sounds like a lot to me! I can count my 40-mile weeks on one hand and I once hit 50, just so I could say I'd been there.