Friday, April 25, 2008

Easy Three

Thursday, April 24:

North St Paul Community Center, three easy miles at a 9:17 pace, just to stay loose and get accustomed to the pace. I had intended to try to run the last mile at a 7:30 pace, but a slight warning from one hip suggested that I shouldn’t rush around that short track. Big races coming up, no need to risk injury.

Splits: 9:17, 9:17, 9:18, total 27:51, average pace 9:17. I’d love to run the whole marathon at this pace, but I know there will be trouble after mile 15 or 20 because I haven’t really done my long runs. It’s OK - I’ll just have to slow down a little then. Maybe I’ll make the 4:15 finish, maybe not. Finishing is most important.



Recent dinner: Wild-caught sole, organic sweet relish, organic mixed vegetables, mango, cucumber, organic broccoli with shredded asiago cheese, organic lemon, organic red wine vinegar. This is food to live by.

1 comment:

peter said...

Yea brother. My finishes are all over the board, from 4:44 to 3:50 (I have some higher finishes but that was before I respected marathons) but to cross the finish line is the denouement.