Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Very Nice Six Mile Run

North St Paul Community Center, 6 miles in 52:48, pace 8:48. This was a “recovery” run after Sunday’s 8k race, and it went just fine. No pains of any kind. After the run I met with my personal trainer, who taught me a little about stretches and then set me up with a regimen of exercises to strengthen the bones in my back that are under attack by the myeloma. Tomorrow I’ll try those at home, and we’ll see whether I learned them or not.

Splits: 8:53, 8:48, 8:47, 8:50, 8:52, 8:38.


Orange Lunch
"Orange Lunch" yesterday: Organic 1% cottage cheese, pimento olives, organic squash with organic salsa, organic sweet potato, papaya, mango, and cantaloupe.

Yesterday's salmon dinner
Yesterday's dinner: Wild-caught Alaskan salmon with organic lemon juice, organic sweet pickle relish, Sunshine's gluten-free teff bread with dates and pecans, local honey, oven-baked parsnip slices with organic catsup, mango, organic cauliflower. Seconds, please. Thank you, I did.

Tonight's dinner
Tonight's dinner: Braised organic lemon-pepper chicken on a bed of gluten-free chow mein noodles, cucumber soaked in organic red wine vinegar, vegetable mix of organic rutabaga, organic carrots, onion, and fresh organic basil.

No comments: